How many times have you walked into the room after the event was over and thought “Wow!! What should we do with all of this leftover stuff? What a shame for all of this to go to waste.”
We all need to do our part in helping our environment stay a little greener.
Here are a few great ways to do our part in the event industry.
1) Select a caterer that specializes in going green. Ask them if they do their part in recycling every possible item that can be recycled. If not, consider going with one that does. There are many green caterers out there.
2) Make arrangements for all perishable leftover foods to be donated to feed the hungry. There are many out there to select from. A green caterer should be able to give you some options to donate to local charities.
3) Any printed material should be printed on recycled paper only. You can do this by requesting it to the printers if you are hiring a printer. If you are printing it yourself, only use recycled paper to print on. Better yet, instead of using printed materials that will more than likely end up in the trash, use video or projector with video screen to broadcast your message. No trash, no waste.
4) In my area, the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, there is an organization called The Special E. This is an organization that comes out to your event after the event is over and cleans up everything possible that can be reused, even down to the tabs on soda cans, cork bottle tops, and printed material. It’s amazing some of the things they are able to turn trash into treasure. Look them up and see if they service your area.
5) For décor selection, balloons are a great way to go. We use 100% biodegradable latex balloons. The balloons we use biodegrade at approximately the same rate of an oak leaf. Guests typically take the balloons with them to enjoy after the event is over, but if there are way to many, check with the Children’s Hospital or Senior centers to spread some joy and festivity.
If you would like to get some great ideas on how our biodegradable balloons can accentuate your event, check us out by logging onto:
Please share some ways you help save our planet!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)